Saturday, January 9, 2010

We Got Our Medals




Good Evening to all: Well we did it! We got our medals for the Disney 1/2 Marathon. Tom came in last night and we went out for dinner at Chevy's. They had Mole Enchiladas not as good as the ones in Kingman but okay. Also we had a coconut and pineapple margarita. Now that was yummy. lol We went to bed about 11 PM and had to get up by 3:30 to be able to get to the Epcot Parking lot by 4 am as they were closing the roads into Epcot and wwe wanted to drive our truck. I must admit that I was not my most pleasant self at 3:30 am. We got up and made coffee as I brought my coffee pot and beans. I have to say that it was very very very cold and it was raining and there was some ice chips hitting our faces. We stopped and got blankets from a first aid tent because even with three layers of clothing we were cold. I did not think it would ever be done but we crossed the start line and crossed the finish line so I guess one would have to say we did it. Afterwards we went back to our hotel and took hot showers and went to a couple of parks with Tom. About 5 PM we decided we could not go any longer so we let Tom finish seeing the parks on his own as he wanted to see the fireworks and we wanted to see our bed. lol We are vegging and watching a little football. Tomorrow we will check out and try to do a couple of caches with Tom and then take him to the airport and the it is homeward bound to Okeechobee. YEH Okay as usual love to all and stay safe and warm.

1 comment:

Keiko said...

Lord, remember when we did the marathon in 2005 and it was so ungodly hot??? January in orlando is so unpredictable. Glad you guys finished though. You give me motivation.